Long Branch Aerodrome was an airfield located west of Toronto, Ontario and just east of Port Credit, now Mississauga, and was Canada's first aerodrome. The airport was opened by the Curtiss Flying School, part of the Curtiss Aeroplane and Motor Company, as a pilot training school in 1915. In 1917 the airport was run by the Royal Flying Corps, and then closed in 1919. It is recognized by the existence of Aviation Road in the Lakeview, Mississauga community and a historical plaque.
Copyright: CC 3.0