Battlefield House near King Street East and Centennial Parkway in Stoney Creek, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada is a living history museum and site of the historic Battle of Stoney Creek on June 6, 1813, which was fought during the War of 1812. It was built in 1796. The house and 15.5 acres (6.3 ha) of parkland (Battlefield Park), were the property of the Women's Wentworth Historical Society, (1899-1962), and given by this society to the Niagara Parks Commission on January 19, 1962. The park was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1960.
Copyright: CC 3.0