Public | French
The Galipeault Bridge is a bridge on the western tip of the Island of Montreal, spanning the Ottawa River between Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue and L'Île-Perrot, Quebec, Canada. It carries four lanes of Autoroute 20, and was named after Antonin Galipeault, who was minister of public works under Louis-Alexandre Taschereau. Incidentally, Taschereau Bridge, along the same highway, was part of the same project. The first span was built in 1924, a girder bridge that was replaced in 1991 by another structure of the same type, using the same foundations. It was doubled in 1964 with a cable-stayed bridge, which carried the eastbound lanes of Autoroute 20 until its demolition early in 2008.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com