The Toronto Harbour Commission (THC) Building is a six storey building erected in 1917 in Toronto by Alfred Chapman for the locally run Toronto Harbour Commission. It is now home to the Toronto Port Authority, a federal agency. Workers from the Port Authority have nicknamed the six-storey structure "The T" due to the familiar T patterning on the outside of the building – meant to be evocative of "Toronto". Formerly sitting on the waterfront, infill over the years has left the building on dry land and civic expansion has left it dwarfed by nearby buildings.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com