The old Synagogue Rottweil in Rottweil county in Baden-Württemberg, was established in 1861. The desecrated Synagogue is located in Kameralamtsgasse 6, former Judengasse, close to Kapellenkirche and next to Bischöfliches Konvikt and gymnasium. The construction of a new synagogue in Rottweil began in March 2016.
There is no proof of a synagogue in 14th century, even though there was a Jewish community. In 1349, Black death led to slaughters from Jews in Rottweil as well as everywhere in Europe. Judengasse and Judenschule are documented in 1355, a Judenbad before 1838. In 1806, a younger Jewish community in Rottweil was founded as a branch of Mühringen. In 1924 the Israelitische Gemeinde Rottweil, the Jewish community, became independent.
Copyright: CC 3.0