Vester Egesborg Church (Danish: Vester Egesborg Kirke) is located in Næstved Municipality of Region Zealand, Denmark. It was built in 1250-1300, with the addition of the tower and vestry around 1500. The choir was rebuilt at the end of the 1700s. The pulpit and altarpiece were carved around the middle of the 1600s by Abel Schrøder in the auricular style. The wrought iron baptismal font from the 1670s bears the arms of Niels Trolle and Helle Rosenkrantz. A farmer, John Jensen, believed that a church should also have a ship, so with his wife, he bequeathed money for that purpose; Neptunus hangs from the ceiling of the church.
Copyright: CC 3.0