St Martin's Church (Danish: Sankt Mortens Kirke) is located in Næstved on the Danish island of Sealand. It is one of the city's medieval churches. Known from records since approximately 1280, it is believed to have been built and put into service around 1200. The building was constructed as the city's parish church. It is dedicated to St Martin of Tours considered its patron saint. It is one of the five Church of Denmark churches in Næstved; the other four are the St Peter's Church, St John’s Church, Herlufsholm Church and Holsted Church. St Martin's Church and St Peter's Church are located on perpendicular streets, the former situated on Riddergade, while the latter is on Kobmagergade.
Copyright: CC 3.0