Sant Pau del Camp is a church and former monastery in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. While the monastery now stands within the El Raval district in central Barcelona, it once stood outside the city ; its rural location gave the church its name.
There are no sources about the monastery's origins, it is generally thought that it was founded by count Wilfred II of Barcelona, whose funerary inscription was found within the monastery in 1596. The monastery is documented from 977; in 985 it was sacked and destroyed by the Muslim troops of al-Mansur Ibn Abi Aamir.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0