The Château de Flers is a château located in Villeneuve d'Ascq, in the Nord department of France. It hosts the Château de Flers museum and the tourism office of Villeneuve d'Ascq city. The château is named after a former nearby village of Flers-lez-Lille.
The château, completed in 1661, is very characteristic of the Flemish architecture of the 17th century. From 1667 to 1747, it belonged to the De Kessel family, the Seigneurs of Flers. In 1747, Philippe André de Baudequin, seigneur of Sainghin, obtains the seigneurie of Flers and the château from his De Kessel cousin. In 1770, Marie-Claire-Josephe de Baudequin married count Ladislas de Diesbach. When his wife died in 1791, he inherits the château and he will be the last seigneur of Flers.
Copyright: CC 3.0