Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Derby
Number of texts: 1
Exeter House was an early 17th-century brick-built mansion, which stood in Full Street, Derby until demolished in 1854. Named for the Earls of Exeter, whose family owned the property until 1757, the house was notable for the stay of Charles Edward Stuart during the Jacobite Rising of 1745. Exeter House was replaced by offices, which in turn were replaced by Charles Aslin’s Magistrates Courts, built on the site during 1935. The Courts were closed at the beginning of 2004. This building now stands empty and boarded up, its fate not yet decided by the City Council.