Places of Interest nearby
Location address: United Kingdom, Glasgow City
Number of texts: 1
The Cathedral Church of St Mary the Virgin (commonly called St Mary’s Cathedral) is a cathedral of the Scottish Episcopal Church. It is located on the Great Western Road, in the west end of Glasgow, Scotland. The current building was opened on 9 November 1871 as St Mary’s Episcopal Church and was completed in 1893 when the spire was completed. The architect was George Gilbert Scott. It was raised to cathedral status in 1908. The total height of the cathedral is 63 metres. The church structure is protected as a category A listed building.