Wavertree Botanic Gardens (formerly Wavertree Botanic Garden and Park) is an example of a mid 19th century public park. It incorporates an earlier walled botanic garden, founded by William Roscoe as Liverpool Botanic Garden and relocated from land near Mount Pleasant in the 1830s. The gardens include the Grade II curator's lodge built between 1836-1837. On 22 August 2013 the botanic park and gardens were listed by English Heritage at Grade II* in the Register of Historic Parks and Gardens. In 1886 the International Exhibition of Navigation, Commerce and Industry was held here.
Copyright: CC 3.0