In the Square of St. Servul, on top of the hill, stands a cathedral, renovated in the 18th century, which contains all elements of a former Romanic church built on foundations of the temple of Jupiter. A 50 m bell tower was built in the 15th century in the Aquilean style. In front of it there is a flagstaff from 1655. Next to the bell tower stands a noble palace in the Gothic-Venetian style, which was used as the seat of a court for a period of time. From this central square streets paved with stone lead in different directions building a street network of the historical town plan. Since the 18th century the settlement has spread outside the town walls. The new neighbourhoods have become important centres of culture, education, sport, economy and administration.
Source: Ista - Official Website of Istria
Square of St. Servul