A church of San Pietro in Cortevecchia is found in documents from 1028. In 1575, a near complete reconstruction occurred when the church was granted to the Company (Order) of Saint Roch (San Rocco). The architect Cosimo Pugliani added a new façade in 1630-1634. The Order of St. Rocco was suppressed in 1782, and the church soon fell under the care of the diocesis, and another restoration occurred in 1899. The interior has frescoes in the niches from the 13th century. The ceiling frescoe of St Rocco protecting those affected with the plague is attributed to Francesco Venturi.
Copyright: CC 3.0