The Peace Palace is an international law administrative building in The Hague, the Netherlands. It houses the International Court of Justice , the Permanent Court of Arbitration , the Hague Academy of International Law and the Peace Palace Library.
The Palace officially opened on 28 August 1913, and was originally built to provide a home for the PCA, a court created to end war by the Hague Convention of 1899. Andrew Dickson White, whose efforts were instrumental in creating the court, secured from Scottish-American steel magnate Andrew Carnegie US$1.5 million to build the Peace Palace. The European Heritage Label was awarded to the Peace Palace on 8 April 2014.
Copyright: CC 3.0