Directly next to the watermill "Eikendermolen" are the ruins of Castle Eyckholt.
First reference of the castle dates back to 1385. The first reference of the watermill dates back to 1468.
The castle was destroyed by fire in 1736, and eventually demolished in 1760. Nowadays only a 13th or 14th century wall and parts from a 14th century tower remain.
6411 RW Heerlen