Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Nederland, Limburg, Heerlen, Zandweg
Number of texts: 1
The former midwives school was marked as a monument in 1999. Its architect was Jan Stuyt (1868-1934), who designed several buildings located at a hilltop with the Imstenrade Forest in the background. This location met the medical requirement of fresh air.
The first stone was placed by Queen Wilhelmina at 25th of September 1920. Work was finished in 1922. Some ten years later the chapel next to the school was built. The design of the chapel was made by Jan Stuyt and his son Giacomo in 1934.