Hoeve 't Wit hof

Descripción

Make Bekestraat no. 1. Historic farm so-called "'t Wit Hof", founded by the bishops of Tournai who built a residence, the so-called "Van Gogh". "High Court", had in the congregation. Crosier of the bishops, together with the date 1735 and the initials M.B.L.U. depicted in the keystone of the arched doorway of the barn. Beam grille gatehouse with date 1680 and letters A.M.E, meaning unknown. Farm probably built in the first half of the 17th century by order of or by André/Andries Catulle, archdeacon and vicar general of the diocese of Tournai and also founder of the farm "La Folie", built ca. 1630 (Elleboogstraat 14) and the already protected Castle farm (Stationsstraat 55). Indicated as "Cense de la Familie Rouge" (?) on the Ferraris map (1770-1778), with no volume on the southeast corner. Shown as "Ferme Terrain" on the Atlas der Buurtwegen (1845) with retained volumes. Also indicated on the primitive cadastral plan (ca. 1835). Presumably the farm was previously completely walled, as evidenced by a remnant of the moat that was preserved to the east of the barn. Farmhouse with a closed layout consisting of whitewashed brick components under hipped or gable roofs (artificial slates or tiles) and arranged around a paved (partly cobbled and partly graved) yard. Eastern yard entrance marked by gatehouse followed by the sheep barn. To the north, the house with a storage room adjoining, to the south the barn and to the west, the horse and cow stable. House of seven bays and initially one, now two storeys of anchored, plastered and painted brick under hipped roof (artificial slates). Circumferential wooden cornice. The roof is crowned by a bell tower with open seat, wind vane in the shape of a horse. Slightly arched wall openings with diamond-headed keystones, upper windows with decoratively elaborate parapet. Preserved 19th-century joinery, first floor with sliding windows and shutters, T-windows with large rod division on the upper floor. Three-sided bay window, probably added in the 1920s-30s. Slightly arched doorway with 19th-century door, landing staircase of four steps. East side façade with braiding. Rear façade, built in the same style as the front façade. Ground floor according to the mutation sketches of the land registry extended in 1862, current appearance with five-sided bay window probably obtained in the years 1920-30. Slightly arched wall openings with preserved 19th-century joinery, shutter thumbs preserved. Three lower windows and one upper window with preserved thieves' bars. Bay window with rectangular wall openings with keystone, two wall openings on the right side with retained roller shutter boxes. Mainly blind upper windows. Interior. Central hallway with dining room on the right, living room next door. Hallway and living quarters at the back. To the left of the hallway, two rooms with space behind. Wooden winding staircase in rear voutekamer. Attic with 18th-century roof construction, possibly relocated or reused as the order of the counting marks is incorrect. Partly preserved interior decoration, cf. marble fireplace mantels, floors, interior doors and ceilings (mouldings or beam grilles with nut and child beams). To the west, horse and cow stable. Whitewashed volume on pecked plinth under tiled gable roof. Rectangular and slightly arched wall openings with negro blocks of Tournai stone. Green painted woodwork. Horse stable with brick trough vault, cowshed with preserved slats and 18th-century trough vault on wooden beams. Barn, to the south. Volume of red brick on pecked plinth under gable roof (partly eternite, partly tiled). Round-arched doorway with drip moulding, starting and keystones of Tournai stone. Keystone depicting the crosier of the bishops of Tournai, also date 1735 and the letters M.B.L.U. Green-painted gate with latch. Rear with several buttresses, traces of window opening. Partly renewed roof. Gatehouse adjacent to sheepfold to the east. Whitewashed, anchored brick construction on pecked plinth under gable roof (eternite). Slightly arched and rectangular wall openings with green-painted woodwork. Gatehouse with rounded corner on the yard façade and the use of Tournai stone on the street side. Preserved beam grating with the date 1680 and the letters A.M.E. Schaapstal with plastered brick trough vault. To the east, storage space. Preserved wooden roof consisting of a ridge truss with underlying scissor trusses. LAND REGISTRY ARCHIVES FLEMISH BRABANT IN BRUSSELS, 207: Mutation sketches, Spiere-Helkijn, 1862/11.

Fuente

Fuente: De Gunsch, Ann & De Leeuw, Sofie

Derechos de autor: All rights reserved

Más información

Traducido por Azure

BE | | Pública | AlemánDanésEspañolFrancésItalianoNeerlandés

Información de contacto

Dirección: Make Bekestraat 1, Spiere-Helkijn

Estadísticas

¿Busca rutas que pasen por aquí?

Rutas cercanas
Publicidad

Actividades para hacer en la zona Mostrar todo

Selecciona una de las actividades más populares a continuación o afina tu búsqueda

- Selecciones de RouteYou -

Descubre las rutas más bonitas y populares de la zona, cuidadosamente agrupadas y seleccionadas.

Publicidad

Lugares de interés en la zona Mostrar todo

Selecciona una de las categorías más populares a continuación o inspírate en nuestras selecciones

- Selecciones de RouteYou -

Descubre los lugares de interés más bonitos y populares de la zona, cuidadosamente agrupados y selecciondos.

Destinos cercanos

Publicidad

Planifique su ruta

Con RouteYou, es fácil crear tus propios mapas personalizados. Simplemente traza tu ruta, agrega puntos de ruta o nodos, agrega lugares de interés, lugares para comer y beber, y luego compártelo fácilmente con tu familia y amigos.

Planificador de rutas

Planificador de rutas

Este lugar de interés en su página web

<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=es&amp;params.poi.id=3151242&amp;params.language=en" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Más de 11.800.000 rutas


Más de 15.000.000 usuarios


Más de 4.500.000 lugares de interés

Dirección

Kerkstraat 108

9050 Gentbrugge, Bélgica

Síguenos

Descargar la aplicación gratuita

Contacto

Mercadotecnia y ventas

sales@routeyou.com

Consultas generales

Equipo de atención al cliente Centro de Ayuda

© 2006-2026 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com