Hoeve 't Wit hof

Description

Make Bekestraat no. 1. Historic farm so-called "'t Wit Hof", founded by the bishops of Tournai who built a residence, the so-called "Van Gogh". "High Court", had in the congregation. Crosier of the bishops, together with the date 1735 and the initials M.B.L.U. depicted in the keystone of the arched doorway of the barn. Beam grille gatehouse with date 1680 and letters A.M.E, meaning unknown. Farm probably built in the first half of the 17th century by order of or by André/Andries Catulle, archdeacon and vicar general of the diocese of Tournai and also founder of the farm "La Folie", built ca. 1630 (Elleboogstraat 14) and the already protected Castle farm (Stationsstraat 55). Indicated as "Cense de la Familie Rouge" (?) on the Ferraris map (1770-1778), with no volume on the southeast corner. Shown as "Ferme Terrain" on the Atlas der Buurtwegen (1845) with retained volumes. Also indicated on the primitive cadastral plan (ca. 1835). Presumably the farm was previously completely walled, as evidenced by a remnant of the moat that was preserved to the east of the barn. Farmhouse with a closed layout consisting of whitewashed brick components under hipped or gable roofs (artificial slates or tiles) and arranged around a paved (partly cobbled and partly graved) yard. Eastern yard entrance marked by gatehouse followed by the sheep barn. To the north, the house with a storage room adjoining, to the south the barn and to the west, the horse and cow stable. House of seven bays and initially one, now two storeys of anchored, plastered and painted brick under hipped roof (artificial slates). Circumferential wooden cornice. The roof is crowned by a bell tower with open seat, wind vane in the shape of a horse. Slightly arched wall openings with diamond-headed keystones, upper windows with decoratively elaborate parapet. Preserved 19th-century joinery, first floor with sliding windows and shutters, T-windows with large rod division on the upper floor. Three-sided bay window, probably added in the 1920s-30s. Slightly arched doorway with 19th-century door, landing staircase of four steps. East side façade with braiding. Rear façade, built in the same style as the front façade. Ground floor according to the mutation sketches of the land registry extended in 1862, current appearance with five-sided bay window probably obtained in the years 1920-30. Slightly arched wall openings with preserved 19th-century joinery, shutter thumbs preserved. Three lower windows and one upper window with preserved thieves' bars. Bay window with rectangular wall openings with keystone, two wall openings on the right side with retained roller shutter boxes. Mainly blind upper windows. Interior. Central hallway with dining room on the right, living room next door. Hallway and living quarters at the back. To the left of the hallway, two rooms with space behind. Wooden winding staircase in rear voutekamer. Attic with 18th-century roof construction, possibly relocated or reused as the order of the counting marks is incorrect. Partly preserved interior decoration, cf. marble fireplace mantels, floors, interior doors and ceilings (mouldings or beam grilles with nut and child beams). To the west, horse and cow stable. Whitewashed volume on pecked plinth under tiled gable roof. Rectangular and slightly arched wall openings with negro blocks of Tournai stone. Green painted woodwork. Horse stable with brick trough vault, cowshed with preserved slats and 18th-century trough vault on wooden beams. Barn, to the south. Volume of red brick on pecked plinth under gable roof (partly eternite, partly tiled). Round-arched doorway with drip moulding, starting and keystones of Tournai stone. Keystone depicting the crosier of the bishops of Tournai, also date 1735 and the letters M.B.L.U. Green-painted gate with latch. Rear with several buttresses, traces of window opening. Partly renewed roof. Gatehouse adjacent to sheepfold to the east. Whitewashed, anchored brick construction on pecked plinth under gable roof (eternite). Slightly arched and rectangular wall openings with green-painted woodwork. Gatehouse with rounded corner on the yard façade and the use of Tournai stone on the street side. Preserved beam grating with the date 1680 and the letters A.M.E. Schaapstal with plastered brick trough vault. To the east, storage space. Preserved wooden roof consisting of a ridge truss with underlying scissor trusses. LAND REGISTRY ARCHIVES FLEMISH BRABANT IN BRUSSELS, 207: Mutation sketches, Spiere-Helkijn, 1862/11.

Source

Source: De Gunsch, Ann & De Leeuw, Sofie

Droits d'auteur: All rights reserved

Plus d'informations

Traduit par Azure

BE | | Public | Italienallemanddanoisespagnolfrançaisnéerlandais

Coordonnées

Adresse: Make Bekestraat 1, Spiere-Helkijn

Statistiques

Vous cherchez des itinéraires qui passent par ici?

Itinéraires à proximité
Publicité

Activités à faire dans les alentours Afficher tout

Sélectionnez l'une des activités les plus populaires ci-dessous ou affinez votre recherche

- RouteYou Sélections -

Découvrez les plus beaux et les plus populaires itinéraires du secteur, soigneusement regroupés dans des sélections appropriées.

Publicité

Points d'intérêt a proximité Afficher tout

Sélectionnez l'une des catégories les plus populaires ci-dessous ou inspirez-vous de nos sélections

- RouteYou Sélections -

Découvrez les plus beaux et les plus populaires points d'intérêt du secteur, soigneusement regroupés dans des sélections appropriées.

Destinations proches

Publicité

Planifier votre itinéraire

Avec RouteYou, vous pouvez facilement créer vos propres cartes personnalisées. Tracez votre itinéraire, ajoutez des points de passage ou des points-nœuds, planifiez des points d'intérêt et des lieux de restauration, et partagez le tout avec votre famille et vos amis.

Planificateur d'itinéraire

Planificateur d'itinéraire

Ce point d'intérêt sur votre site web

<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=fr&amp;params.poi.id=3151242&amp;params.language=en" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Plus de 11 800 000 itinéraires


Plus de 15 000 000 d'utilisateurs


Plus de 4 500 000 points d'intérêts

Adresse

Kerkstraat 108

9050 Gentbrugge, Belgique

Suivez-nous sur

Télécharger l'application gratuite

Contact

Marketing, sales, etc.

sales@routeyou.com

Questions générales

Équipe d'assistance à la clientèle Centre d'aide

© 2006-2026 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com