The Church of St. James on Coudenberg is a neoclassical Roman Catholic church located on the historic Place Royale/Koningsplein in central Brussels, Belgium. It is served by Brussels Central Station, as well as by the metro stations Parc/Park and Trône/Troon.
The medieval abbey church that originally stood on this location was demolished by command of Charles Alexander of Lorraine, Governor of the Austrian Netherlands, during his expansive urban planning projects, despite having escaped the great fire of 1731 that destroyed the nearby Coudenberg Palace.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Flamsk Brabant, Belgium