Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 1
The present building dates from the period between 1530 and 1540. The ground floor housed a covered market and the upper floor had a chamber for the municipal authorities.
Originally an entirely woodenframed building, it was made shorter and a rear stone façade added when it was no longer used for commercial purposes.
Only the front façade has retained its wooden framework and two of the six consoles of the original corbelling.
Recently restored, the hall is now used for cultural events of all kinds.
Site listed (23-11-1976)
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia