Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 1
The origins of the church are lost in the mists of time. The current building is the result of the partial demolition in 1899 to convert it into a dwelling from a sanctuary built from limestone rubble in 1618 and restored in 1735, according to an inscription. Only one bay remains of the four-bay nave with rounded chancel and a robust quadrangular tower with octagonal spire to the front. The entrance was through an arched doorway with a window of the same type above. Some of the openings in the church are as late as the 20th century.
A cemetery surrounds the building, which features several 17th century gravestones by the tower. Standing out among the graves is a stone for the Corphalie mining concession.
Building (church and walls along the Chemin-de-Messe) and site (former roadside cross of Statte, former cemetery, church and Chemin-de-Messe) listed on 5th September 1978