The Pont-barrage de Monsin ("bridge-dam or bridge-weir" of Monsin), across the Meuse at Liège, Belgium, was inaugurated for the 1930 Liège International Exposition. The new structure permitted the replacement of several locks and to stabilize the course of the Meuse. It incorporates a hydro-electric plant. Work began on the project in 1928, with metal fabrications made locally by Cockerill. It was partly destroyed on 11 May 1940 during the Battle of Belgium.
Copyright: CC 3.0