Brick kiln farm

Beschrijving

Way out No. 12. "Brick kiln farm", consisting of separate farm components dating from the 19th century, located at the end of the Uitweg, which has an original function as an access road to the farm. To the north of the farm is the hedged front garden. The farm is of a certain importance, as it is mentioned by name on Atlas der Buurtwegen (1847): "Hofstede van Jan Gilliaert". It is said that the homestead is still inhabited by one of the descendants. The farm site probably dates from the end of the 18th or the first quarter of the 19th century, cf. absent from the Ferraris map (1770-1778), appearing on the primitive cadastral plan (ca. 1830), consisting of an east-west oriented farmhouse with perpendicular barn/stable to the south. According to the land registry, the farm was rebuilt around 1856. The farmhouse will be widened to its current volume, presumably totally reconstructed (cf. date stone), the barn will be adapted. In 1884, a new barn was built on the same site. (cf. date stone). In 1877, farmer Ivo Gillaert applied for a permit to operate a field oven. The name "Steenovenhoeve" refers to this former nearby field kiln to the east of the buildings, where the former clay extraction now causes a hollow in the meadow. Presumably the farmhouse was rebuilt in 1955 and 1983, cf. date stone. Grazed yard partly in loose pavement and partly overgrown with Walnut, around which farm buildings in dark red anchored brick construction under gable roofs in mechanical tiles. An east-west oriented farmhouse stands on the north side of the yard. In the partly renovated west side façade there is a date stone with three dates: "1983 / 1955 / 1855". Yard façade of eight bays with arched wall openings with new interpretation and painted natural stone thresholds. Grey-painted plinth, red-painted anchors. The western bays originally contained the horse stable. To the south-east of the house is an overgrown semi-underground brick cellar with flat basket-arch access, above which is a pigeon loft. A bakehouse has been built on the north side. To the southwest, perpendicular to the house, is the barn with stable in the extension. Gable roof with cantilever on wooden cardcases. The north side façade contains braiding, basket-arched doors and an arched loading hatch. The south side façade contains wickerwork and the date stone "1884". The yard façade is characterized by two-part basket-arched stable doors and a large basket-arch gate with latch. In addition, wall openings of a later date under straight wooden or concrete lintels. In the southern part there are sealed basket-arched gate openings, including remnants of the former carriage house, later filled in with newer stable windows. The interior contains trough vaults with wooden beams. At the beginning of the 20th century there was a small chapel on the north side of the farm, cf. indication on the topographical map of the Military Cartographic Institute (1913). LAND REGISTRY ARCHIVES WEST FLANDERS, 207: Mutation sketches, Sliders' Chapel, 1856/3. VANRENTERGHEM B., Sliders' Chapel, in HOLLEVOET F. et al., Als straten gaan... Praten, Tielt, 2005, p. 194-195.

Bron

Bron: Callaert, Gonda & Santy, Pieter

Auteursrechten: All rights reserved

Meer informatie

Vertaald door Azure

BE | | Publiek | DeensDuitsFransItaliaansNederlandsSpaans

Contactgegevens

Adres: Uitweg 12, Tielt

Statistieken

Op zoek naar routes die hier langs komen?

Nabijgelegen routes
Advertentie

Activiteiten om te doen in de omgeving Toon alles

Selecteer hieronder één van de populairste activiteiten of verfijn je zoekopdracht.

- RouteYou Selections -

Ontdek de mooiste en meest populaire routes in de buurt, zorgvuldig gebundeld in passende selecties.

Advertentie

Bezienswaardigheden in de buurt Toon alles

Selecteer hieronder één van de populairste categorieën of laat je inspireren door onze selecties.

- RouteYou Selections -

Ontdek de mooiste en meest populaire bezienswaardigheden in de buurt, zorgvuldig gebundeld in passende selecties.

Bestemmingen in de buurt

Advertentie

Plan je route

Met RouteYou kan je eenvoudig zelf aangepaste kaarten maken. Stippel je route uit, voeg waypoints of knooppunten toe, plan bezienswaardigheden en eet- en drinkgelegenheden in en deel alles met je familie en vrienden.

Routeplanner

Routeplanner

Deze bezienswaardigheid op jouw website

<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=nl&amp;params.poi.id=3156215&amp;params.language=en" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Meer dan 11.800.000 routes


Meer dan 15.000.000 gebruikers


Meer dan 4.500.000 trekpleisters

Adres

Kerkstraat 108

9050 Gentbrugge, België

Volg ons

Download de gratis app

Contact

Marketing en verkoop

sales@routeyou.com

Algemene vragen

Klantensupportteam Hulpcentrum

© 2006-2026 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com