Castle d'Harveng

Source: Vlaamse Gemeenschap, 14-09-1999, ©Vlaamse Gemeenschap

Droits d'auteur: All rights reserved

Description

So-called "Castle d'Harveng" after the builders notary family d'Harveng. Brick wall of surrounding former castle park on the street opposite the castle punctuated by iron fencing; Beautiful central swinging gate on iron fence pillars. Initially block-shaped mansion; basement double house of five bays and two storeys under hipped roof (slates, ridge parallel to the street); according to L. De Temmerman castle built in 1840, but not yet indicated on Atlas der Buurtwegen van Everbeek from 1844-1848; flg. cadastre archive built in 1845 by B. D'harveng; at the end of the 19th century (1898/1899) modified with extension tower against façade by D'harveng D'harveng A. in 1898-1899. Plastered and white-painted facades of original double house preserves rectangular wall openings with eyes for shutters, horizontalizing bands, cordons and moldings; circular entablature with articulated architrave moulding and protruding wooden cornice on bobbins. Perhaps also added decorative ridge crowns at the end of the 19th century with the rest of weather vane (?). Remainder of red façade painting with white imitation bands, applied for uniferation with the square tower centrally extended on the façade side; richly decorated with bluestone tower facades under striking spire, which gives the building its castle allure. Wide bluestone balcony with arched handrail and ditto balustrade with corner turrets to delineate the front. High truncated spire decorated with (sinking ?) ornamental ropes, dormers, wind vanes in which letters CD and GD, roof frame with palmettes. Door and lower windows of tower (portal) with hunting motifs and initials GD, PD and DD CD in engraved glass, referring to members of the d'Harveng family. Circular platform of tower with closure of concrete imitation branches. Interior with original layout, decoration partly modified and enriched at the end of the 19th century. Multi-part vaulted house cellar; basement staircase with hard stone steps. Portal with wooden finish, namely to frame wall openings and cladding, ceiling with toothed moldings. Multicolored tiled floor with decorative pattern. L-shaped staircase with white marble floor, ceiling with moldings, double doors to the salons. Neoclasicist marble mantelpieces, ceilings with rich stucco ornamentation, supraporta and door panels with relief ornamentation. Walls of large salon with paneling and decorative moldings. Painted winding staircase to attic floor with hard stone step, slender torched wooden staircase, partly (?) marbled wooden steps, handrail with silver-gray painted fine iron bars and wooden handrail twist. Interestingly laid out upper floor with central landing and large rooms in the corners; intermediate small rooms with door equipped with skylight with rod division; some fixed wall cabinets. Appurtenances (former coach house and horse stables) include two buildings on either side of the castle under hipped roof (ridge perpendicular to the street) and connected to it by a smaller outbuilding; façade side marred today by a recent pack-stone parement and alteration of wall openings; right wing greatly shortened after fire in the third quarter of the 20th century. Brace-arched gable gable of horse stables on the left crowned by prancing horse in iron; roof ridge with rest of palmette row. Since about 1970, the part next to it has been adapted and enlarged to dance since about 1970, brick trough vaults between iron beams and two quarter-round bluestone drinking bowls in the corners of the front part. Park landscaping completely disappeared; no immediately visible trace of the former ice cellar. Imitation cave located in the ashes of the rear façade. DE TEMMERMAN L. - DENDAUW F. - PREMEREUR A. - VERACHTEN L., Everbeek, Opbrakel, Parike and Zegelsem in old postcards, Zaltbommel/Nederland, 1995, p. 10, 12.

Source

Source: Duchêne, Helena & Verbeeck, Mieke (1999)

Droits d'auteur: All rights reserved

Plus d'informations

Traduit par Azure

BE | | Public | Italienallemanddanoisespagnolfrançaisnéerlandais

Coordonnées

Adresse: Tamelbroekstraat 16, Brakel

Statistiques

Vous cherchez des itinéraires qui passent par ici?

Itinéraires à proximité
Publicité

Activités à faire dans les alentours Afficher tout

Sélectionnez l'une des activités les plus populaires ci-dessous ou affinez votre recherche

- RouteYou Sélections -

Découvrez les plus beaux et les plus populaires itinéraires du secteur, soigneusement regroupés dans des sélections appropriées.

Publicité

Source: Vlaamse Gemeenschap, 14-09-1999, ©Vlaamse Gemeenschap

Droits d'auteur: All rights reserved

Points d'intérêt a proximité Afficher tout

Sélectionnez l'une des catégories les plus populaires ci-dessous ou inspirez-vous de nos sélections

- RouteYou Sélections -

Découvrez les plus beaux et les plus populaires points d'intérêt du secteur, soigneusement regroupés dans des sélections appropriées.

Destinations proches

Publicité

Source: Vlaamse Gemeenschap, 14-09-1999, ©Vlaamse Gemeenschap

Droits d'auteur: All rights reserved

Planifier votre itinéraire

Avec RouteYou, vous pouvez facilement créer vos propres cartes personnalisées. Tracez votre itinéraire, ajoutez des points de passage ou des points-nœuds, planifiez des points d'intérêt et des lieux de restauration, et partagez le tout avec votre famille et vos amis.

Planificateur d'itinéraire

Planificateur d'itinéraire

Ce point d'intérêt sur votre site web

<iframe src="https://plugin.routeyou.com/poiviewer/free/?language=fr&amp;params.poi.id=3160487&amp;params.language=en" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Plus de 11 800 000 itinéraires


Plus de 15 000 000 d'utilisateurs


Plus de 4 500 000 points d'intérêts

Adresse

Kerkstraat 108

9050 Gentbrugge, Belgique

Suivez-nous sur

Télécharger l'application gratuite

Contact

Marketing, sales, etc.

sales@routeyou.com

Questions générales

Équipe d'assistance à la clientèle Centre d'aide

© 2006-2026 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com