Public | German
In 1999 the municipality was merged with the neighboring municipality Schlattingen to form a new and larger municipality Basadingen-Schlattingen.
It was first recorded in year 761 as Pasnandingas. However, earlier evidence of settlements includes, finds from the Neolithic period , and a Roman villa with graves in Unterschlatt. In the Early Middle Ages the monasteries of St. Gallen, Rheinau, Reichenau and Allerheiligen owned land in Basadingen. In 1260 the monastery of St. Katharinental bought Reichenau's Kehlhof . By 1330 St. Katharinental had acquired many possessions in the village, as well as the low courts right and tithe rights. It became the sole landholder in the village. The high court rights were owned by the bailiwick of Diessenhofen by about 1300. In 1460 the high court transferred to the city of Diessenhofen, which also had the rights to the low court from 1527 until 1798.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
© 2006-2018 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com