The entrance to the Böttcherstraße shows the "Lichtbringer" or the "Bringer of Light". It was created by Hoetger in April of 1936. It represents the "victory of our Führer over the powers of darkness". Ludwig Roselius, who took the initiative of the creation of this street was a sympathiser of National Socialism. Although Roselius and Hoetger paid tribute to Hitler with this "Bringer of Light", the Führer rejected this variant of völkisch art and called it Böttcherstraßenkunst ("Böttcherstraße art"). The street was listed as an architectural monument on 7 May 1937, as an "example of the decadent art of the Weimar period".