It is the home of Taktisches Luftwaffengeschwader 31 "Boelcke". The squadron flies the Eurofighter Typhoon.
It was built for the RAF Germany in 1952 and opened in August 1954. The Jagdbombergeschwader 31 , was the first fighter-bomber wing with Republic F-84F Thunderstreak of the United States Air Force using by the German Air Force in 1958 at Nörvenich Air Base. In January 1959 became this squadron as the first German Air Force wing to be assigned to NATO. In 1961 it was the first wing with Lockheed F-104 Starfighters to the Luftwaffe. The first „Tornado" starts in July 1983 from the Air Base. Since June 2010 the squadron flies the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Copyright: CC 3.0