Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Waldshut
Number of texts: 3
The brewery Rothaus was founded in 1791 by the Abbot of St. Blasien Martin Gerbert as a measure to encourage economic growth in the Black Forest. Through secularization, the cloister eventually changed ownership in 1806 to the Grand Duchy of Baden. The name “Rothaus, State Brewery of Baden” has been in use since the abolition of the monarchy in 1918, and its name still remains to this day although the brewery is now in the full ownership of the Bundesland Baden-Württemberg.
The Badische Staatsbrauerei Rothaus (Rothaus, State Brewery of Baden) is a brewery located 1000m (3300 ft.) above sea level in Rothaus, 2 miles north of the village of Grafenhausen in the southern Black Forest. It is one of Germany’s most successful and profitable regional breweries, and in the past decade has become well-known outside Baden as well. The brewery remains 100% owned by the state of Baden-Württemberg.
Linked themes: Beer
Administrative building of the Rothaus brewery