Lüneburg Water Tower is a water tower in the southeastern part of the Lüneburg old town in Lower Saxony, Germany. The erection of the water tower was initiated on 3 October 1905, designed by the architect Franz Krüger . It was taken into use in November 1907. The water tower is 55 metres tall, and is the tallest building in the Lüneburg old town that is not a church, and it stand between the considerably newer Nordlandhalle and the Johanneum, the latter now functioning as a school. The building consists of a square base of 18 metres and a round portion which is walled up around a 500 cubic metres large water tank. The upper part is carried by 16 solid columns.
Copyright: CC 3.0