Muskau Park is a landscape park in the Upper Lusatia region of Germany and Poland. It is the largest and one of the most famous English gardens in Central Europe, stretching along both sides of the German–Polish border on the Lusatian Neisse. The park was laid out from 1815 onwards at the behest of Prince Hermann von Pückler-Muskau , centered on his Schloss Muskau residence.
The park covers 3.5 square kilometers of land in Poland and 2.1 km2 in Germany. It extends on both sides of the Neisse, which constitutes the border between the countries. The 17.9 km2 buffer zone around the park encompassed the German town Bad Muskau in the West and Polish Łęknica in the East. While Muskau Castle is situated west of the river, the heart of the park is the partially wooded raised areas on the east bank called The Park on Terraces. In 2003 a pedestrian bridge spanning the Neisse was rebuilt to connect both parts.
Copyright: CC 3.0