Opened as "Hasenheide" in 1924 , the name changed to "Kaiser-Friedrich-Platz" in 1933 and to "Gardepionierplatz" in 1939. In 1947 the station got the name Südstern. In 1958 the platform was elongated. The next station is Hermannplatz .
From 2010 the station will have additional support features for the blind and partially sighted as well as an elevator.
Copyright: CC 3.0