The Dresden Suspension Railway (German: Schwebebahn Dresden) is one of the oldest suspension railways — a kind of hanging monorail — in the world, having opened in 1901. It is situated in Dresden, Germany, and connects the districts of Loschwitz and Oberloschwitz (Rochwitz side). The line is 274 metres (899 ft) long and is supported on 33 pillars. It was designed by Eugen Langen, who earlier designed the Wuppertal Suspension Railway, a more extensive suspension railway in Wuppertal.
Copyright: CC 3.0