It was founded in 1834, with 36 beds, as the Haidhauser Armen- und Krankenanstalt in a former coffee house, and was later run by Catholic nuns, the "Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul". When Haidhausen was incorporated to the City of Munich, it was renamed "Krankenhaus rechts der Isar". In 1967 it became the hospital of the Technical University of Munich and was reorganized to a public institution of its own right in 2003.
Today it is considered one of Bavaria's finest medical institutions. It incorporates more than 30 clinics and departments, plus eleven institutes and several inter-disciplinary centers. In 2011 the hospital had a total of 1,091 regular beds and counted 51,061 stationary and semi-stationary patients. In addition, 220,607 ambulant treatments were carried out. 1,200 students attend medical faculty at TUM / Rechts der Isar.
Copyright: CC 3.0