Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Augsburg
Number of texts: 1
The Verein für deutsche Schäferhunde , abbreviated as SV, is the dog club founded by Max von Stephanitz and his colleague, Arthur Meyer, in 1899. The SV set forward the standards of the German Shepherd Dog breed.
On the sidelines of a dog show in Karlsruhe in April 1899, von Stephanitz, Meyer, and a number of others decided to form a club for the German Shepherd Dog. On 22 April 1899, the Verein für deutsche Schäferhunde was formally established with its first headquarters in Stuttgart. Von Stephanitz was the Society’s first President, and his dog, Hektor Linksrhien was the first dog entered in the organization’s breed registry, the Zuchtbuch für deutsche Schäferhunde, abbreviated as SZ’.