The Gelbe Burg , also called the Gelbe Bürg, is the site of a hill castle on the Gelber Berg ) northeast of the market village of Heidenheim in the Middle Franconian county of Weißenburg-Gunzenhausen in the German state of Bavaria.
During the Migration Period there was a hilltop settlement on the Gelber Berg. Hardly anything is known of the founding of the medieval castle and the course of its history. Around 1180 the castle was owned by the bishops of Eichstätt: in a document the Eichstätt ministerialis, Chono de Woluesprunnen, was appointed to a district office there.
Copyright: CC 3.0