Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Ravensburg
Number of texts: 1
The Parish Church of St Gallus and Ulrich is a Roman Catholic church in Kißlegg, Germany. It was built in 1734-1738 by Johann Georg Fischer through the conversion of a Gothic church predecessor. It was extensively renovated between 1974 and 1980. The church contains a Madonna of 1623 , a baroque pulpit of divination Johann Wilhelm and numerous tombs of the 16th and 17th century. The church also has a valuable treasure of silver from the workshop of the Augsburg silversmith Franz Christoph Mäderl.
The church also contains a purported relic of Saint Clemens that is in fact an example of a so-called catacomb saint, a corpse that has been taken from the Roman Catacombs, decorated, given a fictitious name, and presented as the relic of a Roman Catholic saint.