Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Sonneberg
Number of texts: 1
The Dreistromstein is a three-sided obelisk that has marked the watershed of the Weser, Elbe and Rhine rivers in the Thuringian Forest since 1906. The base of the obelisk is made of stone typical of each of the river systems—Elbe: granite; Weser: greywacke; Rhein: quartz.
Opposite the Dreistromstein is the Kleine Dreiherrenstein or Dreiherrenstein am Saarzipfel from 1733, which marks the border of the duchies of Saxe-Meiningen and Saxe-Hildburghausen and the principality of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.