From Fachsenfeld it is approximately 5 km linear-distance to the City Center of Aalen. The next districts are Dewangen and Wasseralfingen . The Municipalities Hüttlingen and Abtsgmünd lie each 3 km apart.
Fachsenfeld was first mentioned in a document in 1230. Originally Fachsenfeld only was a small hamlet. One part of the Town was owned by knightly families, the rest belonged to the Prince provost of Ellwangen In the end of the 16th Century the knights and their peasants became evangelic , the Evangelical church was built in 1591. The part which belonged to Ellwangen remained Catholic. In 1894 the foundation was laid for the Catholic Herz-Jesu Church, whereupon it was sanctified at September 28, 1895.
Copyright: CC 3.0