Hainhausen is first documented in 1108 and is the smallest of the five villages that make up the town of Rodgau. It was the site of the moated castle of the von Hagenhausens. The castle was destroyed in the Napoleonic wars.
Its major claim to fame is its annual procession giving thanks to St.Rochus for deliverance during the plague that swept through the area in the 16th century.
Copyright: CC 3.0