Willershausen is a village and castle in the Gemeinde of Herleshausen in Werra-Meißner-Kreis, Hesse.
In 1383, the Treusch von Buttlar were lords of Willershausen and adjacent areas. Already at the end of the 13th Century, the residential tower and the defensive tower of the present castle were built. The Treusch von Buttlar were the owners until the 1757. The castle came to the von Kutzleben family and the Schwebheim branch of the von Bibra family in 1757. The estate was divided between the two families on 27 September 1817. Ernst von Bibra sold their portion in 1850 to Landgrave Carl August of Hesse. From 1889 to 1992 the Landgraves of Hesse were owner of the property. Today, a golf course is maintained. The church in Willershausen is worth seeing.
Copyright: CC 3.0