Duddenhausen is a village in the municipality of Bücken, district of Nienburg, in Lower Saxony, Germany. Duddenhausen has an area of 705 hectares .
Duddenhausen was first mentioned 987 in a document of the Archdiocese of Bremen. Tenors were possessions of the chapter of Bücken, which was found 882. The four oldest farms in Duddenhausen were always property of this cloister, so the village may be already existed 882 minimum. There are two other references for a greater age: 1) In Duddenhausen are rests of hill-graves from the bronze-age. 2) The Saxon place-name "Duddenhausen" means "Dudo's house" . In Lower Saxony are these place-names-formations; a reference for villages existing before 1000.
Copyright: CC 3.0