Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Stadtverband Saarbrücken
Number of texts: 1
Sankt Johann joined the former Saarbrücken, Burbach-Malstatt and Sankt Arnual to form the present city of Saarbrücken in 1909. It is on the right bank of the Saar River, opposite Saarbrücken. It is 49 mi N.E. from Metz. Sankt Johann obtains its name from a chapel erected here. From 1321 to 1859 it formed a single town with Saarbrücken, and then was united to form one municipality with Saarbrücken and Malstatt-Burbach.
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. . “article name needed”. Encyclopædia Britannica . Cambridge University Press.