Places of Interest nearby
Location address: Deutschland, Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge
Number of texts: 1
The Eisenkammer Pirna was an Electoral Saxon institution with the task of distributing and allocating the iron products within its area of responsibility , the so-called Pirna Iron Mining District . It was founded in 1472 and existed until 1686. It had its seat in the house Am Markt 10, the present town community hall, in the Old Town of Pirna.
Other Eisenkammern existed as authorities regulating the iron trade for instance in the former Austria iron centres of Steyr and Scheibbs.