Places of Interest nearby
Number of texts: 1
Belonging to the late 11th century, is one of the oldest churches in Segovia and was probably built over a pre-Christian basilica, from which it maintains the religious space distribution. The name of San Juan de los Caballeros (of the Noblemen) comes from the fact of housing the burials of the Nobles Linajes (Noble Lineages) of the city.
In 1905 the artist Daniel Zuloaga bought and restored it, using the church as his home and workshop on ceramic, and lately into the museum of the Zuloaga family, displaying a collection of ceramic pieces and documents. The building and museum belongs in the present time to the country. In the encircling garden and enclosure, commonly known as “Los Zuloagas”, cultural activities are housed in summer.