Cabildo de Tenerife is the governing body of the island of Tenerife . It was established on 16 March 1913 in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, in a session held by the City Council. It was, at that time, the first corporation. The Cabildo of Tenerife, like the other councils of the Canary Islands, enjoys a number of local powers as contained in the Statute of Autonomy of the Canaries, other powers are delegated to the ministries of the territorial government.
The initial location of the Tenerife Town Hall was the Santa Cruz de Tenerife City council building. In its first year the government transferred the offices to a building located at the intersection of the 25 de Julio Avenue and Numancia Street in the capital, Tinerfeña. A later transfer took the Town Hall support offices to Alfonso XII Street , where they remained until 1928. In that year, due to the need to find a larger location to accommodate the office, there was a move to a new building located directly opposite the former, several floors rented.
Copyright: CC 3.0
Santa Cruz de Tenerife