Buenavista Palace (Spanish: El Palacio de Buenavista or El Palacio de los Condes de Buenavista, "the palace of the counts of Buenavista") is a historical edifice in Málaga, Andalusia, Spain. It was built in the first half of the 16th century for Diego de Cazalla on the ruins of a Nasrid palace. Declared a "Property of Cultural Interest" in 1939, it was leased to the Spanish government in 1946 for a provincial art museum, which opened in 1961. In 1997 it was acquired to house the present Museo Picasso Málaga, which opened there in 2003. It is located in the historic center of Málaga, in the Calle San Agustín in the former Jewish quarter (judería), next to the San Agustín convent and not far from the Cathedral of Málaga.
Copyright: CC 3.0