The Cabinet des estampes et des dessins is a museum in Strasbourg in the Bas-Rhin department of France. It is dedicated to the municipal collection of prints and drawings , but also woodcuts and lithographs, covering a period of five centuries from the 14th to the 19th. The municipal collections of graphic art since 1870 are displayed in the Musée d'art moderne et contemporain and in the Tomi Ungerer Museum.
The collection, now counting over 200,000 pieces, was founded in 1890 by Wilhelm von Bode during his rebuilding and reorganisation of the city's art collections. It includes works by Albrecht Dürer, Albrecht Altdorfer, Hans Baldung, Hendrik Goltzius, Antonio Pollaiolo, Honoré Daumier, Philip James de Loutherbourg and the Master of the Drapery Studies.
Copyright: CC 3.0