Chatham Historic Dockyard is a maritime museum on part of the site of the former royal/naval dockyard. It was one of the Royal Navy''s main facilities for several hundred years until it was closed in 1984.
80 acres (324,000 m²), comprising the 18th century core of the site, was transferred to a charity called the Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust and is now open as a visitor attraction. It claims to be the world’s most complete dockyard of the Age of Sail. The attraction has five main elements:
3 historic warships: HMS Gannet (1878), HMS Cavalier (R73) and HMS Ocelot (S17).