Navestock is a civil parish in the Borough of Brentwood in south Essex, in the East of England region of the United Kingdom. It is located approximately 5 km northwest of the town of Brentwood and the M25 motorway cuts through the western edge of the parish. It covers an area of in excess of 1800 hectares and had a population of 510 in 2001, increasing to 585 in 2011. The name means ‘the stump on the headland’, which reflects its topography and landscape.
The western edge of the parish was within the ancient forest of Essex, and two boundary stones still mark its limits. Enclosure of common land took place in 1770. Navestock was an early centre for cricket, which has been played on the green at Navestock Side since the 18th century.
Copyright: Creative Commons 3.0
Navestock, Brentwood, United Kingdom
© 2006-2020 RouteYou - www.routeyou.com